The Vestil HDC-905-IDC Drum Crusher / Drum Compactor features a versatile design that can crush and compact 55 gallon drums giving the user two pieces of equipment in one. When used as a drum crusher, this unit crushes 55 gallon steel drums to approximately 6" high and then resets automatically to crush another drum all in approximately 18 seconds. To use as a drum compactor to compact contents inside a 55 galllon drum, the drum crushing platen is easily removed. Safety features include a pressure relief valve to prevent overload and a door interlock system which only allows the motor to function if the door is closed. The HDC-905-IDC drum crusher has a duty cycle (crushing or compacting) of up to 250 drums per week in a non-hazardous, room-temperature environment when using a 3 phase power supply. Comes standard with built-in fork pockets for easy transport using a forklift. Meets OSHA 1910.212, ANSI Z245.5 and JIC standards.
Model Vestil HDC-905-IDC is designed to run 10 to 12 cycles per hour for a 3 hour period before requiring a cooling off period. The estimated lead time to leave the warehouse is 5 to 7 business days.
Model Vestil HDC-905-HC is a high cycle unit designed to run continuously without the need for a cooling off period. Please contact HOF Equipment Company for an estimated lead time.
Model Vestil HDC-900-GPT is a portable unit that includes drum crusher, trailer and a gas engine. Please contact HOF Equipment Company for lead time.
- 460V, 3 phase, 60 Hz, 6.5 H.P. motor (amp draw is 9) comes standard - other voltages available
- Dual speed hydraulic pump provides 18 second cycle time
- Aluminum Drip Pan that measures 4½"W x 31½"L x 1³⁄₈"H is included (not included with model HDC-900-GPT)
- 38,000 pounds of crushing power
- Drum head piercer to allow for drum venting
- Built-in fork pockets for easy transport
- 15 gallon oil reservoir
- 24V NEMA-4 push-button controls with key lockout
- 3-position "COMPACT - OFF - CRUSH" key selector switch
- Mushroom head emergency stop button
- Relief valve to prevent hydraulic system overload
- Door interlock system with key
- Protective plastic cover on power unit for indoor and outdoor applications
- Overall outside dimensions 36"W x 40"D x 97.5"H
- Crushing chamber size - 25"W x 25"D x 37"H
- Meets OSHA 1910.212 / ANSI Z245.5 and JIC standards
- Voltage change to 208-230v/3 phase (replaces standard 460v/3phase) - Model VCC
- Voltage change to 208-230v/1 phase (repaces standard 460v/3phase). 3 HP power unit requires 50 Amp wiring and 40 Amp Breaker. Cycle time increases to approx. 70 seconds. Model HDC9-1
- Washdown motor & nema 4 enclosure - Model HDC-900-WD