The Vestil HDC-905-HC High Cycle Drum Crusher / Drum Compactor features a versatile design that can crush and compact 55 gallon drums, giving the user two pieces of equipment in one. When used as a barrel crusher, this unit crushes 55 gallon steel drums to approximately 6" high and then resets automatically to crush another drum all in approximately 25 seconds. Can also crush 55 gallon fiber and plastic drum but crushed size will vary due to the lack of rigidity of these materials. An integral aluminum drip pan catches any liquid remaining in drum while crushing. The drum compactor feature can compact the contents inside of various drum sizes up to 55 gallons. The drum crushing platen is easily removed for compacting. Safety features include a pressure relief valve to prevent overload and a door interlock system which only allows the motor to function if the door is closed. The HDC-905-HC high cycle drum crusher is designed to run continuously without the need for a cooling off period. 460V/3 Phase, 230V/3 Phase, & 208V/3 Phase motors available - see chart below. Comes standard with built-in fork pockets for easy transport via forklift. Meets OSHA 1910.212 and ANSI Z245.5 standards.
The Vestil HDC-905-HC high cycle drum crusher is built to order with an estimated lead time to leave the warehouse of 5 to 6 weeks.
- Designed to crush 55 gallon drums (not designed to crush any other drum sizes)
- Can crush 55 gallon steel drums to a height of 6". Can also crush fiber and plastic drums (crushed size will vary due to the lack of rigidity of these materials)
- 3 phase, 60 Hz, 6.5 H.P. motor
- Dual speed hydraulic pump provides 25 second cycle time (crush and retract)
- Door interlock system prevents motor from running if door is not closed
- Aluminum drip pan holds 1 gallon
- 38,000 LBS of crushing power; 18,000 LBS of compacting force
- Drum head piercer to allow for drum venting
- The crushing platen is removable to allow for drum compacting of various drum sizes up to 55 gal.
- Built-in fork pockets for easy transport
- 25 gallon oil reservoir
- COMPACT/CRUSH selector switch and powered illuminated on/off switch
- Emergency stop button
- Relief valve to prevent hydraulic system overload
- Barrel crushing chamber size - 25"W x 25"D x 35¾"H
- Meets OSHA 1910.212 / ANSI Z245.5 standards