Morse Drum Pumps are for use ideal for dispensing liquids with a viscosity of up to 2,000 SSU (approximately equal to 30 weight motor oil) from 55 gallon drums. Barrel pumps feature a double acting piston, are self-priming and transfer liquid on both the forward and the back stroke taking less than 5 cycles to move 1 gallon (3.8 liters). The controlled discharge rate is approximately 1 quart (.95 liter) on complete forward and backward cycle at 10 psi over 24 feet. Morse Drum Pumps fit the NPT (National Pipe Thread) of the 2" (5 cm) bung on 55 gallon steel drums (buttress thread adapters available to allow drum pumps to be used with plastic drums – see options chart below)
- Two position 55 gallon drum pump handle
- Fits 2" bung on steel drums / requires Buttress adapter for plastic drums
- Suction lift tested for 15 feet (4.6 m) minimum
- Discharge head up to 25 feet (7.3 m)
- Capable of dispensing liquids with viscosity up to 2,000 SSU (about as thick as 30 weight motor oil at room temperature)
- 1" (2.54 cm) diameter NPT suction tube
- 3/4" (1.9 cm) diameter NPT discharge tube
- Self-lubricating teflon piston ring operates wet or dry for long life
- Chemically compatible with liquids up to 80°F (26°C)
Morse drum pumps vary in construction materials including specific polymers and elastomers for resistance to certain types of chemicals (see chart below AND see full chemical compatibility PDF attached under Additional Info above).
Morse 26, Morse 271-AE and Morse 27-4AV drum pumps are generally useful with compatible liquids in a mild acidity/alkalinity range of pH 4 to 9. Avoid stronger acids and caustics.
Morse 28-5BV and Morse 28-6BE drum pumps are useful in a wider pH range.
Determination of suitability for use intended, or manner of use, is responsibility of the user. Consult full chemical compatibility PDF attached under Additional Info above.