The Morse 309-E3 Explosion Proof Drum Tumbler can mix 55 gallon & 30 gallon, steel, fiber and plastic drums. Rated for Class I Group D, and Class II Groups F and G. Drums are tumbled "corner-over-corner" at 14 R.P.M. (12 R.P.M for 50 Hz export model) for thorough mixing of contents. Drum tumblers provide a safe and effective way to mix drums without opening them thus eliminating employee chemical exposure and the messy clean up required with insertion mixers. Explosion Proof barrel tumbler is designed to homogenize liquid, granulated, and powered products and eliminate bottom of drum sediment. Capacity is 800 LBS for a full drum and 400 LBS for a half drum. The Morse 309-E3 barrel tumbler is easily loaded (with the drum in the upright position) with an overhead lifting device such as a hoist, crane, or forklift boom. When loaded, the drum is supported from below on a base plate while two screw clamps secure the top of the drum and a polyester web strap and ratchet goes around drum.
Adding a Control Package includes a stand alone NEMA 7/9 control box (does not including wiring to the motor) with run/jog selector switch and wire terminals for external connection of safety interlock switch on gated enclosure. It does NOT change the standard fixed 14 R.P.M. - See options chart below.
OSHA Requires A Gated Enclosure With Safety Interlock For Drum Tumblers - See options chart below.
The Morse 309-E3 explosion proof drum tumbler is built to order with a normal lead time to leave the warehouse of 6 weeks.
- Explosion Proof: Rated for Class I Group D, and Class II Groups F and G
- Can tumble 55 gal. or 30 gal. steel, fiber, & plastic drums that are 29" to 37" tall AND 18" to 23.5" in diameter
- Drum is loaded onto tumbler using an overhead lifting device
- Full Drum Capacity: 800 LBS
- Half Drum Capacity: 400 LBS
- Rotates a drum at a fixed 14 R.P.M. (12 R.P.M. for 50 Hz export model)
- Tumbler WITHOUT a control package comes in the following voltages: 208V 3PH, 230V 3PH, or 460V 3PH (230V 3 PH or 400V 3PH for 50 Hz export model)
- Tumbler WITH a control package comes in the following voltages: 230V 3PH or 460V 3PH (230V 3PH or 400V 3PH for 50 Hz export model)
- Gated enclosure with interlock that shuts unit off when gate is open. REQUIRED BY OSHA - Model GEK-309-E3
- Contol packages includes a stand alone NEMA 7/9 control box (does not including wiring to the motor) with run/jog selector switch and wire terminals for external connection of safety interlock switch on gated enclosure. - Models with Prefix CP