The Morse 309-3 Drum Tumbler can mix 55 gallon & 30 gallon, steel, fiber and plastic drums. Drums are tumbled "corner-over-corner" at 14 R.P.M. for thorough mixing of contents. Barrel tumblers provide a safe and effective way to mix drums without opening them thus eliminating employee chemical exposure and the messy clean up required with insertion mixers. Drum tumbler is designed to homogenize liquid, granulated, and powered products and eliminate bottom of drum sediment. Capacity is 800 LBS for a full drum and 400 LBS for a half drum. The Morse 309-3 barrel tumbler is easily loaded (with the drum in the upright position) with an overhead lifting device such as a hoist, crane, or forklift boom. When loaded, the drum is supported from below on a base plate while two screw clamps secure the top of the drum and a polyester web strap and ratchet goes around drum.
Adding a Control Package changes the standard fixed 14 R.P.M. to an adjustable 2 to 20 R.P.M AND allows for additional tumbler operating voltage choices - See options chart below.
OSHA Requires A Gated Enclosure With Safety Interlock For Drum Tumblers - See options chart below.
The Morse 309-3 drum tumbler is built to order with a normal lead time to leave the warehouse of 6 weeks.
- Can tumble 55 gal. or 30 gal. steel, fiber, & plastic drums that are 29" to 37" tall AND 18" to 23.5" in diameter
- Drum is loaded onto tumbler using an overhead lifting device
- Full Drum Capacity: 800 LBS
- Half Drum Capacity: 400 LBS
- The standard model 309-3 rotates a drum at fixed 14 R.P.M. Adding a control package allows for adjustable 2 to 20 R.P.M.
- Tumbler WITHOUT a control package comes in the following voltages: 230V 3PH or 460V 3PH
- Tumbler WITH a control package comes in the following voltages: 115V 1PH, 230V 1PH, 230V 3PH, 460V 3PH
- All voltages operate at 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- Gated enclosure with interlock that shuts unit off when gate is open. REQUIRED BY OSHA - Model GEK-309-3
- Contol packages allow the tumbler R.P.M. to be adjusted from 2 to 20. Includes a pre-wired NEMA 12/4 control box on a mast with timer (seconds to 16 hours), stop/start buttons, emergency stop button, lockable main disconnect, & wiring terminals for safety interlock switch. 115V 1PH, 230V 1PH, 230V 3PH, & 460V 3PH motor voltages available - Models with Prefix CP