The Morse 285XGR Forklift Drum Handler is designed to grip, transport,and pour a standard 55 gallon ribbed steel drum with a 22.5” diameter weighing up to 2500 LBS full (or 1250 LBS if half full). Drum is secured to the forklift drum dumper via a 3 piece drum holder that features an easy to use forward facing clamp. A pull chain reaches up to 10’ back to the forklift allowing the forklift operator to rotate the drum up to 360 degrees in both directions without leaving the seat of the forklift. An optional hand wheel tilt control option is also available. The Morse 285XGR forklift drum handler is built for tough industrial environments and features a welded steel framework, large shafts, and long-life bearings. An oil filled worm gear speed reducer provides 150:1 gear reduction for fine control when tipping heavy drums. The Morse 285XMGR adds spark resistant parts to reduce the possibility of mechanical sparks.
The Morse 285XGR Forklift Drum Handler is built to order with an estimated lead time to leave the warehouse of 3 business days (the Morse 285XMGR is 6 weeks).
- For use with 22.5" diameter 55 galllon ribbed steel drums
- Full Drum Capacity: 2,500 LBS
- Half Full Drum Capacity: 1,250 LBS. A partially full drum is an unbalanced and shifting load which reduces capacity.
- There is enough resistance in the gear box to stop and hold the drum tilt angle. Optional hand wheel tilt control available – see options chart below
- Mounts to forklift without the need of tools, power connections for forklift modifications
- Requires 25" between forks
- Fork pocket openings are 25" (63.5 cm) apart requiring 25” between forks. Each fork pocket is 2.5" high X 6.5" wide (6.35 cm x 16.5 cm)
- 20' pull chain loop can reach back 10' to allow drum tilting from the seat of forklift
- Worm gear speed reducer provides 150:1 gear reduction for fine control
- Adaptor available for handling 30 gallon 19" diameter drums - see options chart below
- All steel welded construction for years of dependable service
- Drum adaptor to handle a standard 30 gallon drum that is 19" in diameter - Models 55/30-19GR
- 8” hand wheel with speed handle. Replaces the standard chain wheel to rotate the drum. For use with model 285XGR - Model X03-285XGR
- 8” hand wheel. Replaces the standard chain wheel to rotate the drum. For use with spark resistant forklift drum handler model 285XMGR - Model X03-285XGR