The Morse 285A-GR Forklift Drum Handler is designed to grip, transport,and pour a standard 55 gallon ribbed steel drum with a 22.5” diameter weighing up to 2,000 LBS full (or 1,000 LBS if half full). Drum is secured to the forklift drum dumper with two web strap and ratchet mechanisms. A pull chain reaches up to 10’ back to the forklift allowing the forklift operator to rotate the drum up to 360 degrees in both directions without leaving the seat of the forklift. Optional hand wheel and hand crank tilt control options are also available. The Morse 285A-GR forklift drum handler features an enclosed gear box with 150:1 gear reduction for controlled drum tilting.
The Morse 285A-GR Forklift Drum Handler is built to order with an estimated lead time to leave the warehouse of 3 business days.
- For use with 22.5" diameter 55 gallon ribbed steel drums
- Full Drum Capacity: 2,000 LBS
- Half Full Drum Capacity: 1,000 LBS. A partially full drum is an unbalanced and shifting load which reduces capacity.
- Optional hand wheel / hand crank tilt controls available – see options chart below
- Mounts to forklift without the need of tools, power connections for forklift modifications
- Requires 25" between forks
- Fork pocket openings are 25" (63.5 cm) apart requiring 25” between forks. Each fork pocket is 2.5" high X 6.5" wide (6.35 cm x 16.5 cm)
- 20' pull chain loop can reach back 10' to allow drum tilting from the seat of forklift
- Enclosed gear box has 150:1 gear reduction for fine control
- Adaptor available for handling 30 gallon 19" diameter drums - see options chart below
- All steel welded construction for years of dependable service
- Drum adaptor to handle a standard 30 gallon drum that is 19" in diameter - Models 55/30-19GR
- Hand crank. Replaces the standard chain wheel to rotate the drum - Model X02-285GR
- 8” hand wheel with speed handle. Replaces the standard chain wheel to rotate the drum - Model X03-285GR
- Two load binders to secure drum. Replaces two web ratchet straps - Model 6214i-P